Create Github Token
You need Github personal access token which will be used to create CICD pipeline for your CloudFormation templates.
Follow the steps below to create a token:
- Verify your email address, if it hasn’t been verified yet.
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Developer settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Personal access tokens.
- Click Generate new token.
- Give your token a descriptive name.
- Select the scopes, or permissions, you’d like to grant this token. For this workshop, select repo and admin:repo_hook.
- Click Generate token.
- Copy the token to your clipboard and save it securely. For security reasons, after you navigate off the page, you will not be able to see the token again.
Treat your tokens like passwords and keep them secret.